Terms and Conditions
1. Scope of Agreement: These are the conditions of the contract between you, the Client (“You” and “your”) and New Statesman is governing your use of our Services, including event attendance as set out in your booking form. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between New Statesman and you. All prior agreements understandings and negotiations and representations (save for Fraudulent misrepresentation) whether oral or in writing are cancelled in their entirety. The terms of any other electronic Communications will not form part of this agreement.
2. Our Commitment To You: We will provide you with a planned schedule prior to the event. Please note that this schedule may be altered where necessary by us.
• We reserve the right to determine the theme, scope and content of seminars and presentations to be held during the Event and to vary the program and / or its contents as deemed necessary.
• Should the event be cancelled or the location be changed for reasons or circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to reschedule the Event, including changing the location, and / or Withdrawing delegate attendance upon written notice to you
3. Delegates: Only named or pre-agreed delegates may attend the Event. No persons other than those officially registered or agreed with us may attend any part of the Event.
• Delegates are responsible for their own insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, personal effects and personal Insurance), vaccinations and visas (where applicable).
4. Transfers: Delegates are responsible for their own transfer Arrangements and the costs associated with them.
5. Cancellation: If something should occur that you are not able to attend the event, you will have to provide a substitute replacement. We reserve the right to refuse replacement delegates. Should you wish to not attend: cancellations received more than six months prior to the start of the Event may be accepted subject to a cancellation fee of 40%; cancellations received more than 3 months and fewer than 6 months prior to the start of the Event may be accepted subject to a cancellation fee of 60%; and cancellations received 3 months, or less from the start of the Event may be accepted subject to a cancellation fee of
100%. All cancellation requests must be submitted to us in writing. If we agree to your cancellation then all cancellation fees are payable within 14 days of the acceptance of your cancellation in writing by us. If you cancel a complimentary delegate place or fail to attend or send a suitable replacement you will be liable to pay a cancellation fee of £150.
• This agreement is governed by and will be construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England will have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
• The working language of the event is English. Delegates requiring an interpretation service must make their own Arrangements at their own expense.