The rise of fintech has dramatic implications across multiple areas of business and personal life. The impact of new technology on the centuries-old traditions of banking and finance goes far beyond the walls of the financial marketplace.
From disrupting established supply chains and enabling more even capital allocation, to enabling greater financial inclusion and contributing to the growth of a borderless, digital economy, its potential should not be underestimated. Much less the opportunity.
As the shake out between traditional banks and fintech innovators rattles on, the second New Statesman Fintech Summit discusses some of the important questions that need to be answered as the global digital economy enters a new, pivotal phase.
Join us for the second New Statesman Fintech Summit, where we will explore these issues and more with key players and leaders from the industry. Thought leaders and senior figures will present throughout the day to examine regulations, key trends and developments in the sector.
The aim of the conference is to enable the attending delegates to find new ways of driving profitability through innovation. We'll be exploring a range of topics, including:
Independent Commentator, Best-selling Author, and Chair of the Financial Services Club
Shearman & Sterling has a long and distinguished history of supporting our clients wherever they do business, from major financial centers to emerging and growth markets. We represent many of the world’s leading corporations and major financial institutions, as well as emerging growth companies, governments and state-owned enterprises, often working on ground-breaking, precedent-setting matters.
With a global footprint and our commitment to investing in the future, we have established the FinTech Foundry, a program dedicated to support the FinTech-related activities of our clients and the wider global FinTech ecosystem that consists of financial institutions, FinTech start-ups, accelerators and incubators, venture capital and private equity investors and policymakers. The core of our proposition is the ability to provide opportunities to connect, share insights and advise the innovators shaping the future of financial services.
Combining legal knowledge with industry expertise, our lawyers provide commercial advice that helps clients achieve their ambitions and navigate the challenges of our 21st century global economy.
Armada Labs delivers premium technology services for companies in the Financial Services and Fintech industries. We provide custom software development services for many verticals, including CRM systems, e-commerce, wealth management, healthcare, education and telecommunications. With technology solutions that range from system integrations and data conversions, to complete infrastructure planning, we have a highly successful track record of designing, developing, operating and supporting profitable point-specific industry solutions.
We are an Amazon AWS Consulting Partner with intimate knowledge of cloud programming, able to optimize the benefits of AWS Services for your business applications.
Working with start-up companies to billion dollar corporations, Armada Labs has the proven results to take on a project of any magnitude.
ti&m stands for technology, innovation & management. We are market leaders in digitalization and security products and for innovation projects in Switzerland and EU financial centers. We offer our discerning clients vertical integration throughout the IT value chain. At our offices in Zurich, Bern, and Frankfurt, we currently employ over 300 outstanding engineers, designers, and consultants. And further offices in Europe will follow. The basis of our growth lies in our strengths and values: courage, a wealth of ideas, agility, and entrepreneurial flair, coupled with sustainability and Swissness.
Particeep is a Fintech that provides banks, insurers, wealth management companies and their distributors online sale solutions for their financial products and services.
We offer an API comprised of ready-to-use banking and insurance micro-services and white-label distribution platforms for banking, insurance, and investment products.
Particeep is a Young Innovative Company, winner of the 2017 and 2018 Fintech and Open Banking (Banque et Innovation) awards, elected Future European Fintech Star in 2016 (ICT Awards 2016) and selected by Challenges for the 2016 ranking of 100 startups to invest in.
Doing Digital - Lessons from Leaders There are a small group of banks who are transforming to be digital banks. As we all know, this is incredibly difficult for a long-established bank with thousands of people and millions of customers. What are they doing right? How are they doing it? Why do we think they are digital banks? Is there a way we could all follow their path? During the last year, Chris Skinner has been travelling the world, talking to banks that are doing digital. He selected five to be case studies for his new book - JP Morgan Chase, ING, BBVA, DBS and China Merchants Bank. From those interviews and discussions, Chris has found many lessons from banks that are doing digital right, and will share these lessons with the audience.
• Dealing with legacy systems: establishing a roadmap for technology update
• The importance of data to the digital revolution: do you have the right data in place for your decision making needs?
• Learn how the most innovative companies are digitalising their processes
• How is the global community engaging with new forms of payments and digital technology?
• Discussing the impacts of Robo-Advisors on banking
• How is biometric technologies changing the world of Fintech
• The importance of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Cloud
• Key takeaways
• The people component: change towards digital behaviors and skills
• Addressing the challenges to build a digital transformation culture and drive alignment across the organisation
• Choosing the right technology for your business to improve the digital transition
• Baking compliance into the Tech solution
• How to demonstrate domestic and cross-border compliance in an automated world
• Big data and navigating privacy/GDPR issues
• Steering through the Brexit maze
• What makes London a global Fintech Hub?
• Understanding the biggest issues threatening its status – talent and funding leaving the UK?
• Is it possible for London to maintain its position after Brexit?
• Understanding why partnership is the way to go
• Internal changes and mind-set needed to support the partnership
• Automated operations – human x machine
• Utilising reliable metrics to ensure you gain desirable output from large investments in technology
• Understanding the key success factors
• Understanding customer context – how to deliver fresh and relevant solutions
• Adopting digital payments technology
• Consolidating the digital leadership
• The importance of customer focused design – from payment to lending
• Adapting to millennials needs
• How can chat bots influence your customer experience?
• Using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning to monitor transactions